What are the Different Grades of Korean Red Ginseng Roots?
There are four Korean Red Ginseng Root grades – Heaven, Earth, Good, and Cut.
Various roots are handpicked by masters based on the shape, color, and structure of the root, its surface and it’s ginsenoside capacity.
- Heaven-Grade Ginseng Roots – represent approximately 0.5% of all Korean red ginseng roots harvested every year.
- Earth Grade – 2.0% of all harvested red ginseng
- Good Grade ginseng roots – 10% of all Korean red ginseng
- Cut Grade ginseng roots – are a body part of the 6-year-grown Korean Red Ginseng
How to Prepare Korean Red Ginseng Roots?
Korean Red Ginseng Roots can be prepared in a variety of ways.
To consume the root as a drink, we recommend boiling the Korean red ginseng root for as many hours in order to get the best experience.
In Order to Cut the Root:
Before cutting the root, we recommend softening it slightly so that it’s easier to cut.
- Spray the root with a very small amount of water
- Microwave for 10 seconds
- Cut the root
Please note: in case you spray/cut the ginseng root, its shelf life will decrease to less than a month. We recommend consuming it before it expires.
What are the Benefits of Korean Red Ginseng?
Korean red ginseng has a wide variety of benefits:
- Helps boost immunity
- Reduces tiredness & fatigue
- Supports cognitive function
- Improve stamina & physical performance
- Antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties
CheongKwanJang is the largest manufacturer of ginseng in Korea. It connects its world-renowned 120-year-old recipe of Korean Red Ginseng with the innovations of the modern world.
An almost-perfect process from soil cultivation to production involves Cheong Kwan Hang’s Master Ginseng Researchers. Our team ensures that only the best ginseng roots are harvested and used in production.
Roots that were not selected for production are later sold to other companies.