About Heaven-Grade Korean Red Ginseng
Korean Red Ginseng Heaven grade is extremely rare & special.
Korean Red Ginseng roots are classified into four grades – heaven, earth, good and cut.
This product belongs to Korean Red Ginseng Heaven Grade category. Products of this quality represent about 0.5% of all Korean red ginseng harvested.
How is Heaven Grade Red Ginseng Different?
There is a number of criteria that are followed when Korean Red Ginseng is graded:
- Heaven-grade roots – should have no cracks and scratches. Maroon, brown, or dark brown in color.
- Heaven-grade ginseng has inner tissues that are more dense
- Since its tissues are more dense it contains a larger amount of active ingredients
How Korean Red Ginseng is Graded at KGC?
- At CheongKwanJang we classify Korean Red Ginseng roots by how the body, legs, and head are proportioned
- We also evaluate the color of Korean Red Ginseng Roots
- Density of the internal tissues – the most important factor
How to Use Korean Red Ginseng Roots?
- Place red ginseng in a pot with about 0.9 liter of water and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Slowly boil down on mild heat for about two hours until the water is reduced to about one-third of the original amount.
- The ginsenoside substances in red ginseng is easily destroyed in hot temperature(over 90℃) so take caution in not allowing the temperature to get too hot.
How to Take Korean Red Ginseng Roots?
Drink 90 to 100ml of the lukewarm mixture one to three times a day.
Long-term use of the mixture on a regular basis will increase the efficacy of taking red ginseng.
For children under 15 years old, reduce the dosage to one-half and for children under 10, reduce the dosage to one-third.
Reduce the dosage when symptoms such as fever, skin irritation, indigestion or chest problems occur. Should these symptoms continue in spite of the reduction in dosage, stop taking the ginseng or consult an Oriental doctor before continuing to drink the ginseng.
How to Store Korean Red Ginseng Roots?
Store in a dry and cool place. Once open, seal and keep refrigerated as storing the product in hot and humid places may gather mold.